The United Arab Emirates boasts many companies that are par excellence when it comes to good HR practices and employee satisfaction. Some of these companies even outdo certain global brands established in the emirates. The following is a list of the most popular UAE-based companies that are ranked highly for exemplary employee management and engagement measures.
· THE One – This organization is a furniture retailer brand. Its key objective is to make the world a better place. THE One was ranked as the best local employer in UAE's 2013 list of Top 4 Places to Work. It has also been voted as one of the top 4 Companies for both young ‘Millennial’ workers and Women. The company was established in 1996 in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Today, it has 16 theatres in about 7 countries across Middle East. Its total headcount crosses 650, of which the number of UAE employees is around 363. The firm is among the favorite employers because of its involvement in monthly birthday parties and career development efforts.
· SHUAA Capital – SHUAA Capital is a financial services provider company. Set up in Dubai in 1979, this entity has operations all across the UAE and Saudi Arabia. It is a public shareholding company controlled by Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates. With a listing on the Dubai Financial Market, SHUAA flaunts a market capitalization of AED841 million or US$229 million. The focus of the company lies on four primary areas – Investment Banking, Asset Management, Credit and Capital Markets. SHUAA’s workforce consists of leading professionals from the banking industry. The employees benefit from competitive salaries and bonuses and a phased development program that prepares them to take on additional responsibility. There is a flexible working culture, external remuneration benchmarking, rewards for innovations and new ideas and also regular feedback on the professionals’ career development. Currently, there are about 205 UAE staff members in this company.
· Zayed University – Founded in 1998, this is the latest institute among the three government-sponsored higher education colleges in the UAE. It has been after the UAE’s honorable founder and first president, Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. The University is the reason behind the creation of many jobs in UAE. As an employer, it offers various welfares, like the recently launched reward program with platinum rule of recognizing people the way they want to be addressed. It aims to energize and engage the staff while promoting a culture of gratitude. The emphasis lies on diversity and respect that is reflected through high retention rates, a high female staff count and also a large number of international employees. The headcount of UAE employees is about 727.
- Dulsco – This is a Dubai-based labor supply company that was set up in 1935. It offers human resources in UAE and encourages a transparent work culture. There is a major emphasis on effective and efficient internal communications while also giving importance to individual initiatives along with team work. Dulsco conducts activities each month and currently offers employment to nearly 6000 UAE professionals.
- Bayt – Dubai-based Bayt is a privately held online job board company. It has been ranked as the 9th best organization to work for in the emirates. UAE nationals account for 213 employees from the company’s overall strength of employees. The advantages for the staff include a modern open-plan office, blog and intranet along with monthly performance appraisals. There is also a sound system in cafeteria, a library, a communal bulletin board, an online Love Touch Wall, a Thoughts Mirror and monthly awards for star performers.
Those jobseekers on a mission to find themselves a lucrative job in UAE can explore the employment opportunities in these popular companies. Rest assured you will benefit from job satisfaction and career growth.
Author bio: A writer by profession, Devika Arora is currently writing on the extensive realm of employment in UAE. She has written several articles and posts for recruitment in the gulf countries. The above article discusses about the most famous employers in the UAE.