Should I start my college applications?? The short and simple answer is YES! Do it. Start them now and get some of the applications out of the way so there is less stress later in December when you are trying to meet January 1st deadlines. If nothing else, then I recommend doing a few things to at least get the ball rolling.
1. Start researching what colleges you plan to apply to. You want to find schools that you will be happy at and that are affordable.
2. Research the requirements for said colleges. What do you need to do to get in? You have time now to get it done.
3. Finish your testing!!! Get your standardized tests out of the way already. Most schools require that you have SAT or ACT scores by the December test date.
4. Start brainstorming for your essays. Write down what you do and how it affects you as a person. If you want to start writing your essays, then go ahead.
5. Talk to your college counselor. He or she will know exactly what to do to get started if you haven't or how to help you if you have.
The most important thing that I can say is start now. Start doing something because the more that you do now, the less there will be for later. Senior year is stressful enough, so you want to do everything possible to stay calm. And remember, college is not the most important thing in the world. You will go somewhere and have a good time.